The Important Bits
- 140mm external wall panels, 9mm OSB, high performance breather paper with factory fitted 120mm PIR
- Structural steel work included in our package
- Metalweb joists in floor cassettes
- E- FT-3 Robust detail sound-floor overlays
- E- WT-2+ insulated party-wall detail
- Category C2 fire mitigation (as per STA guidelines – structural timber association )
- Design, engineering, manufacturing, delivery and installation
- Fall Arrest ( Safety netting )
- Crane erect – utilising self erect crane
- External oak feature trusses
- Complete engineer, design, supply & erect package
With a constant growing demand for care facilities and a large waiting list for this build in particular our client needed a quick build. The project was a major additional resource onto the existing modest carehome at this site.
It took just ten weeks to erect this frame – utilising a self erect crane to help speed the process along. For this 62-bed building, over 3 floors, the manufacture sequence was critical to optimum installation performance.
The building featured impressive curved communal areas –the lounges – which involved complex floor-joist solutions and of course intersecting roof trusses and attic voids that also needed fire compartmentation. We will always try to integrate metalweb floor joists in multi-storey projects as these provides the very best solutions to simplify following-trades integration.
For a project of this volume there are also considerable logistic challenges with sub-division of working areas and fire mitigation – all of which were expertly advised and undertaken by our experienced design teams and site resources.